MUDr. Radek Lhotský is a certified plastic surgeon with many years of experience in the field of plastic and aesthetic surgery. He specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery and hand surgery.
He was born in Zlín. He completed his medical education at the Medical Faculty of Charles University in Hradec Králové with a graduation in 2001. Subsequently, he worked at the Surgical Department in Trutnov, where he obtained a general surgical erudition. In 2004 he passed the first attestation in general surgery and in 2006 he received a license from the Medical Chamber in general surgery. He worked as a secondary doctor in the UK, first in perioperative patient care at several private hospitals and then at the Plastic Surgery and Burns Clinic of Wythenshawe Hospital in Manchester.
He has been specializing in plastic surgery since 2008, first at the Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery at the University Hospital in Olomouc and then since 2010 at the Institute of Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery in Vysoké nad Jizerou. Here he also completed his formal erudition with a certificate in plastic surgery in 2013 and obtained a license in the field.
Plastic and aesthetic surgery is a field largely based on mutual trust between the patient and the doctor. Satisfaction with the result can be achieved only with predetermined realistic expectations of both sides. In a partnership dialogue with the client, I always try to achieve the most natural and functional result of the operation, taking into account the client's wishes and possibilities with respect to the situation and the health of the patient.
since 2017 Klinika Dr. Pírka s. r. o., plastic surgeon
since 2011 Chirurgická ambulance Trutnov, s. r. o., chief physician
since 2010 Ústav chirurgie ruky a plastické chirurgie ve Vysoké nad Jizerou, house officer for plastic surgery
2009 - 2010 Hospital Wythenshawe, Manchester UK, Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, senior house officer
2007 - 2008 Fakultní nemocnice Olomouc, senior house officer of plastic and aesthetic surgery department
2001 - 2006 Oblastní nemocnice Trutnov, a. s., senior house officer of general surgery
MUDr. Radek Lhotský has completed a number of professional study stays, internships and courses, which have enabled him to deepen and to expand the knowledge acquired during the study of medicine and subsequent practice. The most interesting experiences are, for example, an internship at the University Hospital in Rotterdam in the Netherlands or an internship at the private clinic of aesthetic plastic surgery Dr. Tonnard and Dr. Verpaele in Ghent, Belgium.
- 2016 Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Coupure Centre for Plastic Surgery (Dr. Patrick Tonnard, Dr. Alexis Verpaele), Gent, Belgie, 3 months
- 2015 - Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Dutch Association for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Dr. Jacques van der Meulen, Dr. Heike Klepetko, Dr. Jeroen Stevens, Dr. Marc Mureau, Prof. Irene Mathijssen), Rotterdam, Holandsko, 3 months
- 2013 Department of Burns and Reconstructive Surgery, FN Brno, pre-certification internship
- 2012 Department of plastic surgery, FN Královské Vinohrady, pre-certification internship
- 2011, 2012 Department of plastic and aesthetic surgery, Brno, pre-certification internship
- 2009 - 2010 Senior House Officer, Department of Burns and Plastic Surgery, Whythenshawe Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
- 2007 Resident Medical Officer (Capio Fullwood Hall Hospital, Preston, Clifton Park NHS Treatment Centre, York), United Kingdom
Professional experiences, courses and activities
- Emergency Management of Severe Burns Course, British Burn Association, Manchester, United Kingdom, 2009
- AO Hand and Wrist Fixation Course for Surgeons, Coventry, United Kingdom 2009
- Preston – Leica Microsurgery Workshop and Assessment Programme, University of Central Lancashire and Lancashire Teaching Hospitals, Preston, United Kingdom, 2010
- Microsurgery Course, Edukační centrum praktické anatomie, Brno, 2010 19th European Course in Plastic Surgery, EBOPRAS, Bern, Switzerland, 2010
- Instructional course in hand surgery, British Society for Surgery of the Hand, Manchester, United Kingdom, 2011-2013
- AO Trauma Hand Cadaver course, Graz, Austria, 2011
- Eastern European Course on Hand Surgery, Hajdusoboslo, Hungary, 2012
- Scar Academy, Advanced Scar Management Course, London, UK, 2013
- ISAPS Course – Face and Breast Aesthetic Approaches, Kazimierz Dolny, Poland, 2013
- Curso de Cirurgia Facial de Minima Invasion, Mexico City 2014
- Longing for beauty – Fillers, botulinum or lifting, Milan, Italy, 2014
- Breast Reduction, Mastopexy and Management of Breast Asymmetry, Royal College of Surgeons, London, 2014
- Challenges and Controversies in Hand Surgery, Chelmsford, UK, 2014
- Aesthetic surgery of the breast. Sixth European Conference, Milan, Italy, 12/2014
- Centrofacial rejuvenation(MACS lift, microfatgrafting, nanofatgrafting, SNIF, croton oil peel), Ghent, Belgium, 2015
- Facial Aging Contour Enhancement, Villa Bella Clinic, Lago Di Garda, Italy, 2015
- Dr Tulp’s 11th Fresh Frozen Cadaver Course – Facial Aesthetic Surgery, Utrecht, Holland, 2015
- 10/2015 – Internship in facial plastic surgery focused on aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, Dutch Association for Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Holland (trainers Dr. Jacques van der Meulen, MD, PhD, Heike Klepetko, MD, PhD, Jeroen Stevens, MD, PhD), 3 months
- 1/2016 – Internship in aesthetic surgery focused mainly on aesthetic facial surgery, MACS lift technique and centrofacial rejuvenation, Coupure Centre for Plastic Surgery, Gent, Belgie (trainers Dr. Patrick Tonnard, Dr. Alexis Verpaele), 3 months
- 5/2017 – BBF 2017 – BOTTIS‘ BEST FACE, Lago Di Garda, Italy
- 6/2017 – Dr. Tulp Foundation International Dissection Course 2017, Utrecht, Holland
- 10/2017 – 2nd Castle Beauty Conference, České Budějovice 11/2017 – 1st PERFECT CLINIC EVENT OF AESTHETIC SURGERY: BREAST SURGERY MASTERCLASS, Praha
- 6/2018 – MIPSS 2018 – Marbella International Plastic Surgery Summer School
MUDr. Radek Lhotský is interested in translation of medical and pharmaceutical texts from and into English.
He enjoys spending time with his family and his big hobby is music, especially playing the saxophone and piano. That is why he allows its patients to choose their own music to make their stay in the operating room more pleasant, which will allow them to relax during the operation.